1 less than human or not worthy of a human being; "treated natives as subhuman"; "a subhuman spectacle"; "the subhuman primates" [ant: superhuman]
2 unfit for human beings; "subhuman conditions of life"
- Less than human;
lacking characteristics of a human.
- To say he is subhuman is to make a grave insult; whether to him
or to humanity is the question.
- We say dolphin intelligence is subhuman; I suspect dolphins say our intelligence is subdolphin.
- To say he is subhuman is to make a grave insult; whether to him or to humanity is the question.
The term subhuman can refer to several concepts:
- Subhuman (film), a 2005 thriller film.
- subHuman (album), a 2007 music album by Recoil
- "Subhuman/Something Came Over Me", a single by the experimental/industrial band Throbbing Gristle
- "Subhuman," a song by rock band Blue Öyster Cult
- "Subhuman" (Garbage song), a song by rock band Garbage
- Subhumans (U.K. band), a UK punk rock band
- Subhumans (Canadian band), a Canadian punk rock band
- Infrahuman, an inferior human being
- Parahuman, a human/animal hybrid or chimera
- Humanoid, any being whose body structure resembles that of a human
- Last Man, the antithesis to the Übermensch in Nietzschean philosophy
- Slave, a person who is under the control of another
- Untermensch, a term from early eugenics and Nazi racial ideology for an inferior human being
Draconian, Tartarean, animal, animalian, animalic, animalistic, anthropophagous, atrocious, barbaric, barbarous, beastlike, beastly, bestial, bloodthirsty, bloody, bloody-minded, brutal, brutalized, brute, brutelike, brutish, cannibalistic, cruel, cruel-hearted, demoniac, demoniacal, devilish, diabolic, dumb, fell, feral, ferocious, fiendish, fiendlike, fierce, hellish, infernal, inhuman, inhumane, instinctive, instinctual, mindless, murderous, nonrational, ruthless, sadistic, sanguinary, sanguineous, satanic, savage, sharkish, slavering, truculent, unchristian, uncivilized, unhuman, vicious, wolfish, zoic, zooidal, zoologic